Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jsarnold
Frequent Visitor

Add Year-end projection (production) to Stacked Column chart

I would like to add a simple projection of production through years end to the bottom Stacked Column Chart:powerbi.PNG

I want to take production YTD through Q3 and multiply by (12 / 9) and have the difference displayed as Q4 data in the lower chart.

I'm not sure of the best way to accopmlish this, and any help is greatly appreciated! 

Thank you!! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

My lack of DAX knowledge was the only problem!

powerbi.PNG 

I apologize for the clutter, and I appreciate the support! 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@jsarnold

Your question is not clear for me. Could you post any sample data? Even better you can upload the pbix file to OneDrive or any web drive and share the download link. Do note to mask sensitive data before uploading.

My files uses several data sources, including an on-premise SQL server, so it may be easier to explain with screenshots.

I have got very close to what I was trying to accomplish. I created a new table that summarizes Production data in a table:Capture2.JPG

Resulting Table:

Capture3.JPG 

Now I want to replace the 4th Quarter value with (Q1 + Q2 + Q3) / 9*12, so I need a DAX formula to replace the '0' with in this function:

Capture.JPG

I'm not sure how to add the 1st through 3rd quarters up.

Any help is greatly appreciated! 

Thanks again! 

My lack of DAX knowledge was the only problem!

powerbi.PNG 

I apologize for the clutter, and I appreciate the support! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.