Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Sean-OReilly
Helper IV
Helper IV

Add Text Box to Power Bi Table Report

Hi

Is there any way that i can let users Free Type text into a cell held within a Power BI report?

In my example below, i would like to enable users to be able to type in a Comment beside the various jobs numbers in the Yellow Hightighted space below.

For example - to explain why Total Costs are > than Budget on Job no. C06124?

Is this possible? Are there any reports that users can type into?

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hello @Sean-OReilly ,

I think you're looking for a Power Apps form. See the following link that shows how to create them in Power BI:

https://medium.com/hitachisolutions-braintrust/how-to-embed-a-power-app-in-power-bi-report-244789732...

Thank you

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hello @Sean-OReilly ,

I think you're looking for a Power Apps form. See the following link that shows how to create them in Power BI:

https://medium.com/hitachisolutions-braintrust/how-to-embed-a-power-app-in-power-bi-report-244789732...

Thank you

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Thanks Pragati

Power App Form is what i need....

Now i need to learn Power Apps

Hi @Sean-OReilly ,

I am glad that you found the solution helpful. Do accept it as a solution if it is helpful. 🙂

Power Apps is quite interesting to learn.

Keep Learning, Keep Exploring!

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

you can add comments to a report in the power bi service, not quite like that but comments can be entered via ... on the top right of the visual and the add comment

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-comment#:~:text=Open%20a%20Power%20BI%20....

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Thanks a million for your Help Vanessafvg

I was aware of the comments feature and it is useful but i want users to be able to type beside each line of my table in a report so as to explain that figure

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.