Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MikaelJonesPBI

Add Microsoft 365 Usage Analytics to specific Workspace?

We have 100+ customers and create a workspace for each customer with useful reports. We want to publish Microsoft 365 Usage Analytics (link) for each customer in their workspace. I can't successfully do this - I can just get it to my personal Dashboard no matter how I try.

I can publish Samples > Customer Profitability Sample to the customer's workspace so it's not a general failure.

I select the newly created Workspace and I verify I have it selected:

pbi1.png

When I press Services > Get it seems to revert to my personal Dashboard in the background. Search for:

pbi2.png

And once I finish the wizard I get the reports but they are in my personal dashboard, not the Workspace where I want it.

Am I doing it wrong or is this a limitation/bug?

One thing I noticed in the Microsoft article (link) was this, so maybe this is the problem because Microsoft 365 Usage Analytics is a "third-party content pack"?

NOTE:  In the new workspaces, you can't consume organizational content packs, or third-party content packs. Apps are available for all third-party content packs you previously used. Use classic workspaces if you need to continue using content packs. Content packs are deprecated, so it's a best practice to use apps instead.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@MikaelJonesPBI ,

Based on my test, when you sign in you can only see the dashboard in the "app" section. However, there's a workaround. In new app workspace, you can click "+Creat"-> "Report" then select the Microsoft 365 Analytics dataset. 

1.PNG 

2.PNG 

Finally, you can create your own report in the new app workspace.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@MikaelJonesPBI ,

Based on my test, when you sign in you can only see the dashboard in the "app" section. However, there's a workaround. In new app workspace, you can click "+Creat"-> "Report" then select the Microsoft 365 Analytics dataset. 

1.PNG 

2.PNG 

Finally, you can create your own report in the new app workspace.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuta-msft, thanks for helping out!

I can't seem to successfully do what you are suggesting. Could you point out the details and in which order you perform them and I will try tro reproduce them at my end? Thanks!

When go to Workspace I get the following and press Skip:

bpi3.png

I then press + Create > Report:

pbi4.png

But this list is empty:

pbi5.png

@MikaelJonesPBI ,

Have you solved your issue by now? If you have, could you please help mark the correct answer to finish the thread? Your contribution will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

@MikaelJonesPBI ,

Have you get the "Microsoft 365 Usage Analytics" firstly?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.