Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Add Matrix column having text where row of column will be related to matrix row

A row of my data looks like this

Employee, Role,  Department,  Team, Country, Employment Status, Status. I can filter by Department then Team.

The status indicates to mangement role coverage is sufficient for that Department & Team: Grean, Yellow, Red.

I'd like to add the Status in a column to the right of the last Retired column. Selecting the last row's value is ok since the status is correct for each row. Thus the first row would be "Architect   1    --     6       1      Green"

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the review. I will create a table and lay it beside the matrix that uses the same filters. The table results will correspond 1 to 1 with the matrix rows.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Aree
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hey @Anonymous 

Can you supply some sample data and i will try my best to help you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Joined Table of Employee + Role + Team:

Joined table of Employee + Role + TeamJoined table of Employee + Role + Team

Status Table:

STATUS TableSTATUS Table

Visuals of Filtered Team ID of Deep Learning & Machine Learning:

Deep Learning & Machine Learning Matrix VisualsDeep Learning & Machine Learning Matrix Visuals

Hey @Anonymous 

Unfortunately i am unable to replicate the results you desire. 

This doesnt mean it isnt possible but rather a reflection of my power bi skills or lack thereof :(.

The closest i have come to the desire results are as follows:

Deep LearningDeep LearningMachine LearningMachine Learning

The challenge is that the matrix visual only allows you to conditional format values also any values you place within this field is also subject to an aggregation (count, sum, first, last, etc..) 

If the above screenshots can help you let me know and i will share the details of how i achieved it. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the review. I will create a table and lay it beside the matrix that uses the same filters. The table results will correspond 1 to 1 with the matrix rows.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.