Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

qwertzuiop
Advocate III
Advocate III

Add Attributs form another table

Hi dear community

Following problem to solve:

I habe two tables (only an overview of data):

Table 1 contains information for which period an employee is assigned to which region / location / group (see picture)

qwertzuiop_0-1600688252658.png

qwertzuiop_2-1600688532129.png

Table 2 contains information about which shift an employee is working on a specific date

What to do? - In table 2, the information should be attached in which region / place / group the employees work.

I am very grateful for your support.

Cheers 
qwertzuiop

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@qwertzuiop , New Columns like this in table 2

Area = maxx(filter(Table1, Table1[ID] =Table2[ID] && Table2[Date] >= Table1[Date_from] && Table2[Date] < = Table1[Date_to]),Table1[Area])

Same way repeat other two

Location = maxx(filter(Table1, Table1[ID] =Table2[ID] && Table2[Date] >= Table1[Date_from] && Table2[Date] < = Table1[Date_to]),Table1[Location])
Group = maxx(filter(Table1, Table1[ID] =Table2[ID] && Table2[Date] >= Table1[Date_from] && Table2[Date] < = Table1[Date_to]),Table1[Group])

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
FuadAliyev
Frequent Visitor

Hi @qwertzuiop 

You can choose one of  2 solution.

1) Create a relationship with Table1(ID)-->Table2(ID) and create columns with Related() function . For example: create column in Table2 as Area=Related(Table1[Area]) and other columns

2)Use LOOKUPVALUE() Function without relations. for example: Create Column in Table2 as Area=LOOKUPVALUE(Table1[Area],Table1[ID],Table2[ID]) 

Thank you very much for your contribution, but I think it's not thas quick solved.

Why? Because the ID can/will occur several times in both tables, since the employee in table 1 may change the area every month and in table 2 he/she carry out a new shift every day.

So I have to check, in which time period (from-to) the date of the shift fits and matches the id.

Then it should be possible for me to tell you later, which employee performs a shift in which region based on the date.

Got it?

Thaaanks a lot.

Cheers

qwertzuiop

@qwertzuiop , New Columns like this in table 2

Area = maxx(filter(Table1, Table1[ID] =Table2[ID] && Table2[Date] >= Table1[Date_from] && Table2[Date] < = Table1[Date_to]),Table1[Area])

Same way repeat other two

Location = maxx(filter(Table1, Table1[ID] =Table2[ID] && Table2[Date] >= Table1[Date_from] && Table2[Date] < = Table1[Date_to]),Table1[Location])
Group = maxx(filter(Table1, Table1[ID] =Table2[ID] && Table2[Date] >= Table1[Date_from] && Table2[Date] < = Table1[Date_to]),Table1[Group])

Hi @amitchandak 

Sorry for my absence.

Thank you very much for your support.
The solution you gave me here works.

Have a nice day - you saved mine 😉

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@qwertzuiop , I think a better idea to merge in power Bi. Select Table 2, merge Table1 and keep the required columns

https://radacad.com/append-vs-merge-in-power-bi-and-power-query

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.