Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

maibacherstr
Helper III
Helper III

Add A Summary Flag If ANY rows in the Table Are Flagged

Hello PBI Community, I'm looking for ideas.

Based on the screenshot below, you can see a measure is in place in the table, corresponding to a threshold being exceeded and producing a custom format. Sorry for a few extra columns shown, suffice it to say the measure in the table is this simple:

Three columns: Date (don't summarize), (sum of) Quantity Requested, (sum of) Status Available

FormatMeasure = IF(SUM(RequestsTable[QuantityRequested])>sum(InventoryTable[StatusAvailable]),1,0)

My goal is to write a measure that will produce a flag if ANY rows in the table are Red. This way, the user would not need to scroll through the table to discover whether or not a flag actually occurred in any of the rows. The flag would go in a new visual at the top of the page.

Many thanks in advance.

maibacherstr_0-1665583660911.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-yinliw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @maibacherstr ,

I'm sorry, unfortunately as far as I know, the DAX doesn't recognize red rows.

Hope this helps you.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Yinliw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello, with respect, the coloration of the cell is not intended for consideration in the question. The cells are conditionally formatted because I was able to write a measure where those rows = TRUE.

Given that-- how can one register true if ANY values = true, and given I achieved the true values in the table visual by writing a measure, not a column. The two tables in question share a many-to-many relationship and both columns are numeric, hence, why the measure that achieves the conditional formats is written as follows:

FormatMeasure = IF(SUM(RequestsTable[QuantityRequested])>sum(InventoryTable[StatusAvailable]),1,0)

I hope the challenge I'm working on makes clear sense:

If the sum of QuantityRequested for ANY GIVEN DATE > the sum of StatusAvailable, return TRUE.

Is there are a measure that could achieve this? Thanks again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.