Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Adaptive Insights connector

Hi! Does anyone here know if a connector to Adaptive Insights (forecasting tool) exists?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
12 REPLIES 12
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Currently it is not sopported for Adaptive Insights , there is an idea about that you can vote it up.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/7769511-please-add-a-data-source-for-adaptive-insights-sui

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Frank!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks keeganm! I have actually been using that method for a while now also with the aid of the pdf guide Adaptive support sent me. Just an fyi, api v19 and above supports fetching data from modeled sheets.  Guide is available on the updated documentation for the api from Adaptive's website.

If you don't mind me asking, do you use Adaptive as a PBI data source?

Best regards,

Ferdinand

Yes, we are just starting to use it as PBI source via the Adaptive API. The xml coding is a little annoying to work with, but I am finding it makes for a much faster data export method.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool! Just a word of caution though. In January this year, when Adaptive released an update, it broke my api pulling data from a modeled sheet. It got fixed about a couple of months later. Fortunately I have a workaround which was to extract the data by downloading the modeled sheet into excel and just applying a bit of ETL in Power BI. But since that dreadful event, I stopped using the api for modeled sheets. I only use api in my dataflow that downloads the levels, accounts, and some dimensions with attributes. So far, that dataflow has been pretty stable, scheduled to refresh 8 times a day. For the rest of Adaptive data, I rely on report templates to get preformatted excel output.

I've tried using the code in this post, but I keep getting the following error.  I've entered my credentials but I'm unsure if there are any other edits I need to make.  Could you please help me out?

Expression.Error: The column 'output' of the table wasn't found.
Details:
output

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, @feedbackisagift did you find a solution to this problem, I get the same error,

Br,

Christ

Are you able to post your code with fake credentials? There have been some updates to the API since this post was first made. Some of the coding has changed in the newer version of the API

Anonymous
Not applicable

No. Am I correct, I should use the same credentials as in our Workday instance and I do not need an API key?

Yes, I created a user ID specifically for my power bi reports and gave the ID analytical access so the user ID can import and export.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, that is a good idea. Should the instance code needed in the API request be the same as is in the web browser?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.