Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sabilahmed
Resolver I
Resolver I

Actuals (current) vs Comparison Scenario - Cluster column chart - Tabular cube (Analysis Services)

I have a tabular cube set up where I have current scenario (actuals) and comparison scenario (previous years). Both are seperate slicers. I can slice dynamically to choose which scenarios I want to compare. see below:

sabilahmed_0-1665051955100.png

I am trying to build a cluser column chart whereby when i slice dynamically between current and comparison scenario they are displayed as 2 columns/ bars per month.

The issue I have is that Current and Comparison scenario exist in separate tables and I cannot bring 2 fields into the "legend" section.

sabilahmed_1-1665052330923.png

These are the 2 separate tables:

sabilahmed_2-1665052424804.png

sabilahmed_3-1665052556084.png

Is there a way I can build this cluser column chart or is there an alternative visual I could use?

As this is a Tabular cube live connection (Analysis Services), I cannot use calcuayted columns. Do I need to manipulate the data at the SQL level?

Many thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Hei_aQing
Helper I
Helper I

hi @sabilahmed ,

--The issue I have is that Current and Comparison scenario exist in separate tables and I cannot bring 2 fields into the "legend" section.

The legend allows only one field to be dragged in. Try creating two measures for two slicers and use the cluster bar chart.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.