Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

andyring
Frequent Visitor

Actual vs Budget

Hi, I would like to compare actuals vs budget by using a visualisation. My problem comes with my data. Capture.PNG

As you can see, I have a versiojn column which has thousands of rows containing either ACT or BUD, which is tied to values column. I am wondering if it is possible to somehow create two additional columns: one for filtered ACT values and one for BUD. That way, when trying to use a visualisation such as gauge, I can try displaying the different values rather than what happens below.

Capture1.PNG

Open to other suggestions of visualizations too. Thank you for the help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Gazzer
Resolver II
Resolver II

This should be relatively easy to do, and you have already pretty much explained it to yourself!

Just create two Conditional Columns (one for BUD, one for ACT). In the ACT one, if Version = ACT then [values column] else 0. Do the same thing for the BUD column, just checking for the value "BUD" this time. You should then have the columns you need to finish the job.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Gazzer
Resolver II
Resolver II

This should be relatively easy to do, and you have already pretty much explained it to yourself!

Just create two Conditional Columns (one for BUD, one for ACT). In the ACT one, if Version = ACT then [values column] else 0. Do the same thing for the BUD column, just checking for the value "BUD" this time. You should then have the columns you need to finish the job.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.