Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sbstern
Frequent Visitor

Actual period of forecast length

This is probably a fairly straightforward question, but are forecast time periods inclusive of the final period?

For example, right now I'm trying to do a forecast of sales through the end of the month. It's 12/6/2016, so I set the forecast length to 26 days. Does the forecast include all revenue gained on 12/31/2016 or does it stop at 11:59p 12/30?

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sbstern,

I'm not so clear which period function you used, can you provide some detail information about this?

In addition, you can try to use the below formula to select the specified date range.

AND([Date]>=(Date(Year(Current Date),Month(Current Date),1) + TIME(0,0,0),[Date]<Date(Year(Current Date),Month(Current Date)+1,1)+ TIME(0,0,0))

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks, that's a good formula but I'm not actually using any period function. I'm using the forecast tool in the analytics tab for line graphs in PowerBI. You set Forecast Length for X points/seconds/minutes/hours/days/months/quarters/years.

My question is whether the final day is inclusive. If I set a 15-day forecast on November 15, does that run until 12:00am on November 30 or 11:59pm on November 30?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.