Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Active Users by Month with multiple activation/deactivation through time

My task is to create a report showing active users/subscribers by month to show MoM% growth.

I have done this before but with start and end dates in the same record.  The tricky part here is that I have to use an Event log table because the users/subscriptors could have multiple dates with activations and deactivations through time.

I coded two measures that show me the start and end but I don't find the way of mark the months between those events as active.  If you have an idea of how to solve this, please share. I am out of ideas. Thank you in advance!

Measures:

BillingUnits = COUNTX(FILTER(Query1,Query1[IS_INACTIVE]=0),Query1[USERID])

BillingUnits2nd = IF([BillingUnits]=1,1,0)

Some more details:

DAX Active Users.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Can you please show what the expected final result would look like?

It would also help if you can share the pbix (or a  mock version that reproduces the issue). For this, you'd have to share the URL to the file hosted elsewhere: Dropbox, Onedrive... or just upload the file to a site like tinyupload.com (no sign-up required).

Please mark the question solved when done and consider giving kudos if posts are helpful.

Cheers 

SU18_powerbi_badge

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply. I'm still working of how to modify the data to share the pbix, but meanwhile this is what I want and what I am missing.   Basically, I want to count the user id when it was active (with a 1) and the rest of the time with zeros  In this picture the top part is the data I am reading from that is an event log.  Because the dates are scattered in multiple records I need to find a way to represent it in a matrix by year month.   I hope I explained my problem better. Thanks again!

ActiveDax2.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors