Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mjackson122
Regular Visitor

Active Relationship Ambiguity

All FK OwnerID reference the employee table PK EmployeeID. With the exception of the work table FK OwnerID refers to Teams table TeamID. All FK Manager ID reference employee table PK EmpoyeeID. In PBI I can set up relationships to show the  goals, lead, and features ,user story and work. The issue comes in when adding the assigned to field so I can display who owns the task. When I do that I do not get any filtering results. Which is more than likely due to PBI restricting me from enabling any relationships to the employee table. I keep receiving a "you can't create a direct active relationship between Employees and "y" table because that would introduce ambiguity between tables. To make this relationship active, deactivate or delete on of the relationships." I've searched the internet high and low and verified cardinality but with no luck. The database works perfectly in Azure with the relationships but PBI will not allow a lot of them to be active and I need them active. The other issue is if I do get them active it will filter the assignments for features, goals, and leads for the whole report. When user stories and work are assigned to different people PBI will still say its assigned to the people from goals, work, or features.

relationshipsrelationships

1 REPLY 1
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mjackson122 ,

Based on my research, if your data model with loops, then cross filtering can create an ambiguous set of relationships. You could refer to below links about how to manage the relationship, if it could not solve your problem, could you please share your pbix and post your desired result:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-create-and-manage-relationships#adjusting-cross-fi...

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.