Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

karlin78
Regular Visitor

Active Heads each month, rolling 12 months

Hi,

I need some help with calculating Rolling 12 month NetAmount compared to previous Rolling 12 month NetAmount. I'm able to get the Rolling 12 monh NetAmount correct (i e month 1-12) with the following DAX:

Rolling 12m Net Amount = CALCULATE(SUM(absalon_salesSet[Net Amount]);DATESINPERIOD(absalon_salesSet[Month end];LASTDATE(absalon_salesSet[Month end]);-1;YEAR))

And I also got the Previous Year Net Amount correct (i e month Jan - Dec) with the following DAX:

Previous Year Net Amount = calculate(sum(absalon_salesSet[Net Amount]);PARALLELPERIOD(absalon_salesSet[Month end];-12;month))

But I need help getting a Rolling 12m Net Amount figure for month 13 - 24. Can someone help me it would be much appreciated!
Best regards

Karin

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @karlin78,

Based on your description, you want to get the next year total amount, right?

If this is a case, you can try to use below formula:

Next YTD = CALCULATE(SUM('Fact table'[Amount]),PARALLELPERIOD('Fact table'[Date],1,YEAR))

5.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi, 

Thanks for your help!
Howevere this is a solution to my problem.
For clarify; now it's end May-17. I'd like to compare the Rolling 12 months NetAmount for May2017 - June 2016 (month 1-12) with Rolling 12 months NetAmount for May2016 - June 2015 (month 13-24).

Does anyone have a solution to my problem?

I'd like to combine the Measures "Rolling12month NetAmount" (month 1-12) with "Previous year" (but Previous year not calender Year but Rolling12month NetAmount (month 13-24)

Best regards

Karin

Hi @karlin78,

I think it is hard to let external filter directly works on measure which has an internal filter.

In my opinion, you can simple modify the original formula to let it calcualte previous 2 year data.

Rolling 12m Net Amount = CALCULATE(SUM(absalon_salesSet[Net Amount]);DATESINPERIOD(absalon_salesSet[Month end];LASTDATE(absalon_salesSet[Month end]);-2;YEAR))

BTW, if your original measure not contains any internal filter, you can simply use calculate with external filter to achieve your requirement.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.