Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jaiswalsd

Active Directory Pre-requisite permission required

Hi, what permission are required to get active directory and group policy dashboard.

FYI- with end user account am able to connect Ad but cannot load attribute but with domain admin account able to load and prepare dasboard.

Need to know specific permission required for Active Directory Dashboard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @jaiswalsd,

Since your issue is more related to active directory permission, I'd like to recommend you post this to active directory forum for further support.

BTW, power bi is a connection tool, the read permission are based to your connected account.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Are you using the Active Dirctory connector in Desktop? And what table in Active Directory are you looking at that you cannot see attributes? I believe that by default user accounts have read only permissions to certain Active Directory objects like people and groups.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi, Am using builtin connector provided in power BI desktop.With normal user account i can connect to Active directory and see 521 attribute but when i select computer or user attribute it simply doesnt load.

But if same task is performed with domain admin account it get loaded and work as expected

Hi @jaiswalsd,

Since your issue is more related to active directory permission, I'd like to recommend you post this to active directory forum for further support.

BTW, power bi is a connection tool, the read permission are based to your connected account.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.