Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Activating drillthrough only on specific pages

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to decide that drillthrough on a certain page has to be activate only where I want it to? I'll explain myself with an example:

Let's say I have 3 pages:
Page 1 that has a bar chart with sales amount by product category
Page 2 that has a bar chart with total cost by product category
Page 3, hidden, that has a table with all the products and that has the product category column as a drillthrough field

This means that if the user right-clicks, he can reach page 3 from page 1 and 2, because both use product category in a chart
Is there a way I can activate the drillthough from page 1 but not from page 2? 

As of now there is only one way I can think of: I duplicate the product category column in my product table and in this way I have two identical columns, one will be used as an axis in the bar chart in page 1 and as drillthrough field in page 3, and the other will be used as axis in the bar chart of page 2. In this way, they are two different columns and even though they look the same to the user drillthrough will not happen in page 2. 

However, this seems a convoluted and memory consuming process if I want to perform this operation many times for whatever reason. Do you know if there's another way? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous Unfortunately there is no control available to not to show drill through option, I believe there is an idea on this on ideas forum and vote for it. Your best bet is what you proposed which is indeed not the correct approach and un-necessary to achieve such a small functionality. 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The best you can do here is to duplicate a column and use one in drill thru and pages you need to show at drill thru & other column in pages you do not want.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous I am also travelling in the same boat. Did you able to resolve it ?

Thanks,

Shubham

Anonymous
Not applicable

I used the method I explained in the opening post, trying to use the feature as less as possible. Unfortunately there is no other way it appears.

@Anonymous As mentioned in my reply, it is not possible at this point? It is all or nothing.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous Unfortunately there is no control available to not to show drill through option, I believe there is an idea on this on ideas forum and vote for it. Your best bet is what you proposed which is indeed not the correct approach and un-necessary to achieve such a small functionality. 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , What I know as of now if we can drill to the page and we have the drill-through parameter in the other pages then ithat page will show drill through option

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.