Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

s3004023
Frequent Visitor

Activate calculation/measure in visual table by toggle button/bookmark/slicer etc.

Hi PowerBi community,

I created a visual table with 2 slicers. 

s3004023_3-1673691520591.png

The effort in last column of visual table is displayd in hours from a database. Now I want to switch from hours to man days. Calculation is pretty simple: SUMX(Effort/8). I don't want to add a new column with Effort in man days for reasons of space. (This is only an excerpt of the table I used. In reality, there are many more columns.)

I would prefer a smarter solution e.g. using a toggle button/bookmark/slicer etc. to switch hours to man days in the visual table (i.e. active the calculation via button/bookmark/slicer etc.).

Expected result:

s3004023_2-1673691186984.png

I would be happy about a simple and fast solution. It doesn't have to be a toggle button. I'm open to any samrt solutions that switch the unit hours to man days.

Thank you in advance.

Nici

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@s3004023,

You could try posting in the Report Server forum:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/bd-p/ReportServer 

If calculation groups are available in Report Server, you could create a calculation group with two calculation items: one for Hours, and one for Man Days. Alternatively, you could create a disconnected table with two rows (one for Hours, and one for Man Days) and use DAX to display the selected value.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DataInsights
Super User
Super User

@s3004023,

Have you tried a fields parameter? It allows the user to select the field to display in visuals.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/power-bi-field-parameters 

Hi Super User,

Thanks for the fast reply, unfortunately the feature Modeling tab and select New parameter > Fields.

is not supported by Power BI Report Server. 

s3004023_0-1673722570534.png

Do you have another suggestion?

Best

Nici

@s3004023,

You could try posting in the Report Server forum:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/bd-p/ReportServer 

If calculation groups are available in Report Server, you could create a calculation group with two calculation items: one for Hours, and one for Man Days. Alternatively, you could create a disconnected table with two rows (one for Hours, and one for Man Days) and use DAX to display the selected value.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.