Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RobX
Advocate I
Advocate I

Activate Bookmarks by Slicer

I have a report that has two line charts.  One that show a single high level value and a second chart has a legend breakdown of the high level chart.

I want to toggle between the high level chart and detailed chart when a selection is made in a slicer.  I know bookmarks can be toggled by buttons, but can they be toggled by slicer selections?

Chart with no slicer selection:

RobX_0-1634309159588.png

Chart with slicer selection:

RobX_1-1634309205718.png

2 REPLIES 2
hashtag_pete
Helper V
Helper V

Hi Rob, 

I achieved something similar via Switch function. I created an extra table with the names of the measures I am referencing to, and the switch function checked which value is selected. 

A bit hard to explain without a dataset, but have a look at this video from curbal as well:
Change measures using slicers in Power BI Desktop- Power BI Tips & Tricks #20 - YouTube

Does that help? If so, please

• mark this post as a solution
  • give kudos

Thanks hashtag_pete

v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @RobX 

It’s impossible for the slicer to switch bookmarks, but the effect you want seems to be achievable without bookmarks. I don't know your data, and if you can try to use measure in visual,maybe it can be display in one visual.

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please upload some insensitive data samples and expected output.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Janey

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.