Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Zaky
Helper IV
Helper IV

Accumulative Running Total

Hi Experts,

If anyone could help me to get accumulative running total.

Firstly, i created the following new column measures to count rows of Status Table "Returned" by weekly.

1) Start Month = STARTOFMONTH(Data2020[Batch Return])
2) WeekDay = WEEKDAY([Batch Return],2) //Monday
3) StartofWeek = [Batch Return] -[WeekDay]+1 //monday
4) Month Week = QUOTIENT(DATEDIFF(Minx(FILTER('Data2020',[Start Month]=EARLIER([Start Month])),'Data2020'[StartofWeek]),[Batch Return],DAY),7)+1

Running table.JPG

Measure to get accumulative running total that i'm using as follow:

CummMeasure = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Data2020'),FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Data2020'),'Data2020'[Month Week]<=MAX('Data2020'[Month Week])))

But it's get me to the weekly returned running total instead of Accumulative running total that i'm looking for.
What was wrong?

The result that i'm expecting for the accumulative running total like the following:

expected.JPG

I'm stuck. Please help.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Zaky ,

Do you want to calculate the cumulative value for the whole year or recalculate the cumulative value from the beginning of each month?

You can refer the following measures,

Accumulative1 = 
CALCULATE([Your measure],FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Date'),'Date'[Date]<=MAX('Date'[Date])))

Accumulative2 = 
CALCULATE([Your measure],FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Date'),'Date'[Date]<=MAX('Date'[Date])&&'Date'[Month name]=MAX('Date'[Month name])))

accu1.jpg

If it doesn’t meet your requirement, could you please show the exact expected result based on the table that you have shared?

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

BTW, pbix as attached.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Zaky ,

We have checked your pbix file and we have a little confused.

Why the week 2 is 339 in your screenshot, but in your table visual, the week 1 is 339.

Maybe you can refer this measure.

Measure = CALCULATE([MeasureReturned],FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Data2020),Data2020[Batch Return]<=MAX(Data2020[Batch Return])))

ac1.jpg

If you have any question, please kindly ask here and we will try to resolve it.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

BTW, pbix as attached.

v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Zaky ,

Do you want to calculate the cumulative value for the whole year or recalculate the cumulative value from the beginning of each month?

You can refer the following measures,

Accumulative1 = 
CALCULATE([Your measure],FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Date'),'Date'[Date]<=MAX('Date'[Date])))

Accumulative2 = 
CALCULATE([Your measure],FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Date'),'Date'[Date]<=MAX('Date'[Date])&&'Date'[Month name]=MAX('Date'[Month name])))

accu1.jpg

If it doesn’t meet your requirement, could you please show the exact expected result based on the table that you have shared?

Best regards,

BTW, pbix as attached.

@v-zhenbw-msft 

Finally... it's works as per my expectation! ‌‌😍
In addition, any chances to change the value of column Week which start with numbering/week "1 Week" to Week/numbering "Week 1"?

Btw, thanks a lot bro! It was a relief when we managed to complete the challenge.

Thumbs up ‌‌👍

Here's the results

teaser.JPG

Hi @v-zhenbw-msft,

Thank you for your response.

My expected result like the table below where I filter the value data for Returned status starting from July. From there, I want to get accumulative running total.

For example: Starting Week 2 of July, total value for status Returned is 339 and so on. While for Accumulative running total for Returned, I want the value to calculate each week like 339 (week 2) + 158 (week 3) = 497 , 497 (week 3) + 102 (week 4) = 599 and so on...

expected1.JPG

BTW, pbix link provided here for you to better understand what is my requirement.

Thanks.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Zaky , Try option one of the two

Cumm = CALCULATE(SUM(Data2020[Count of return]),filter(allselected(Data2020),Data2020[Start of week] <=max(Data2020[Start of week])))

or

Cumm = CALCULATE(SUM(Data2020[Count of return]),filter(allselected(Data2020),Data2020[Start of week] <=max(Data2020[Start of week]) &&
Data2020[Status] && max(Data2020[Status]) ))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors