Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PowerBINewbie

Accumulated stockvalue

Hi,

I have summarized a stockvalue for what it was last time the report was refreshed. Now i want to enhance it so i can see the trend over time. I have a log of the movements in the the stock. Where every line includs current value per part no, part no. and a datestamp. Now i whant to summarize this so i can see what the total value of the stock was every day for instance the last two months.

I have tried a couple of solutions but the problems that all my solutions summarzies all previous instance for every part no. I only whant to summarize the latest instances for every part no. per day, where the instance is older or on the same day. For a certain period, ex, 2 months.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
PowerBINewbie

Additional picture of the log:

Screen.JPG

Hi @PowerBINewbie,

According to your description, I'd like to suggest you use line chart to achieve your requirement.

Drag Datum column to "Axis" field, Varde to "Value" field. instance to "Legend" field.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your answer Xiaoxin Sheng.

Unfortunately this doesnt work because that each part.no. has more than one instance and all instances has a value. So this means that it will sum the value of all instances per part.no up to each date. So the value of the stock is 100times greater than the real value.

Regards,

PowerBINewbie

Hi @PowerBINewbie,

If you can please share some sample data to test

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Here are the data from 2010 until today.

Temp.xlsx

/PowerBINewbie

Hi @PowerBINewbie,

You can add a calculate column to get the last instance no, then use summarize function to summary table with "Datum", "ArtNr","Instance", then use the current row value to get the specify value.

Since your instance no is not a numeric type, It is hard to get the max instance no.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.