Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nkaruwo
Frequent Visitor

Accounts Receivable Aging Report

eHi All

I am a relatively new user in Power BI and am needing assistance with the following requirement.

My client is running on Dynamics AX 2012 R2 and would want to replicate The Customer aging Report in Power BI.

The client uses Transaction Date and NOT the Due Date for aging.

I am connecting to the clients transactions through SSAS which has the Customer Ageing Bands defined.

When they run their report like today the 26th December 2016, all open transactions for the period of December should be aggregated in a column called Current i.e. they looking for a calculation that sums up all amounts owing for transactions in the current month. 

-All open transactions in the Month of November  fall under column 30Days

-All open transactions in the Month of October  fall under column 60Days

-All open transactions in the Month of September  fall under column 90Days
-All open transactions in the Month of August  fall under column 120Days

-All open transactions prior to August fall under column +150

The client is also looking at a Date Slicer on the same report, whereby they can select a month in a year , say October 2016.  The aging should be  in such a way that all open transactions for October should fall under the column CURRENT, and the rest of the the aging  follows the pattern outline in the list above. 

Could someone urgently assist me on teh best way to approach this requirement.  I was thinking I could create some calculations based on The TOTALMTD for the CURRENT band Candidates using and also use the Aging Bands in the transactional file to group the same using the Aging Bands/Days.  I am really not sure how to get started on this requirement.

Thank you.

20 REPLIES 20

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.