Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jbrandt
Advocate I
Advocate I

Accessing tables after the Nav Table

Howdy!

I've been working with the Custom Data Connector and utilizing the Nav Table capabilities to allow users to refine the data selection.  I'd like to perform additional data manipulations based on the results of the user selections.  

For example:  My data source is web.contents and I call this to retrieve a listing of available data sets, one data set per month.  I put the list into a Nav Table and allow the user to select which data sets they want to analyze.   If the use selects three data sets, the result is three tables are loaded into the data model. 

I would like to append these tables into a single table within the data connector, but it appears that process control has already been passed back to PBI from the data connector.  

Any thoughts are much appreciated!  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @jbrandt,

I would like to append these tables into a single table within the data connector, but it appears that process control has already been passed back to PBI from the data connector.

As you have mentioned above, when the user see the Navigator page which contains a list of tables returned by the Custom Data Connector, the job(get custom data) of the Custom Data Connector is finished, the process control will be passed back to PBI from the data connector. So I don't think we can perform additional data manipulations based on the results of the user selections on the Navigator. Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @jbrandt,

As you have mentioned above, when the user see the Navigator page which contains a list of tables returned by the Custom Data Connector, the job(get custom data) of the Custom Data Connector is finished, the process control will be passed back to PBI from the data connector. So I don't think we can perform additional data manipulations based on the results of the user selections on the Navigator. Smiley Happy

Regards

Thanks for the insight, much appreciated.  Perhaps some pre/post data connector jobs would be useful. 

Kind regards, 

John

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.