Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dkrof
Frequent Visitor

Accessing files from WebDAV (folder)

Hi everyone

I am trying to connect to a WebDAV source (folder containing tons of Excel files). Thus far I can connect to the source in two ways: 

1. Folder: I can see the contents but cannot access it.
  2. Files: Can access file contents.

But there are too many and names will chance, hence it is not really feasible for me to connect them individually.

Can any of you kind people in this forum point me in the right direction? I am confident that there must be a way to connect to the folder as well as its content somehow (kind of like the solution described here for files in a Sharepoint folder). I just cannot think of any new ways to try.

NB: I have posted a very similar post in the PQ-subforum as well. The first suggestion there was to move the files to OneDrive/Sharepoint which is not an option, as the company will not allow to move their archive system. The second suggested solution was a costum connector which I was not able to set up. I hope someone here might have another suggestion.

Thank you very much in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dkrof 

Currently , apart from the several solutions you described above, no other additional solutions can be provided. In Power BI Desktop , you can only load data from multiple excel files in local folder with Excel Workbook or Folder connector. If the columns in multiple excel files are same , you can use Folder connector to load data, then combine and transform data in Power Query. If the columns in multiple excel files are different , you can only load data by Excel connector from excel files one by one .

The link below will teach you how to combine and transform data from multiple excel files in Power BI .

https://sqlitybi.com/loading-multiple-excel-files-from-a-folder-in-power-bi/

Best Regard

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dkrof 

Currently , apart from the several solutions you described above, no other additional solutions can be provided. In Power BI Desktop , you can only load data from multiple excel files in local folder with Excel Workbook or Folder connector. If the columns in multiple excel files are same , you can use Folder connector to load data, then combine and transform data in Power Query. If the columns in multiple excel files are different , you can only load data by Excel connector from excel files one by one .

The link below will teach you how to combine and transform data from multiple excel files in Power BI .

https://sqlitybi.com/loading-multiple-excel-files-from-a-folder-in-power-bi/

Best Regard

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.