Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dave64164624
Frequent Visitor

Accessing Azure ML models shared from another tenant

I have deployed 2 identical models in Azure ML and given reader access to the subscription and machine learning workspace as specified at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/transform-model/service-machine-learning-integration

Model 1 I can see in PBI desktop. This model is in my home tenant.

Model 2 I cannot see. The only difference is that I am a guest to this tenant. Is there any way I can see this model in PBI?

6 REPLIES 6
KLRK
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same issue. Is there any solution yet? Or any workaround?

swise001
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@dave64164624 

Is the second tenant (target) in Premium Capacity?

Are you able to confirm if others in the second tenant (where you are a guest) are able to see the ML model?

It's possible there is a tenant setting to be adjusted in the admin portal.  Have someone check this setting to see you can be specifically permissioned?

swise001_0-1598286523602.png

@swise001 

I suspect the target tenant does not have Power BI at all. Is this a requirement for sharing Azure ML models? We do have premium capacity in the home tenant.

@dave64164624 

In your original post you stated: 

Model 2 I cannot see. The only difference is that I am a guest to this tenant. Is there any way I can see this model in PBI?

I'm not sure I understand how you are trying to access this model in the target tenant - if they don't have Power BI?

Can you provide more detail?

@swise001 

Sorry if that was confusing. I have Power BI desktop and I log into my Azure account in the application. Then, if I go to connect to a model, I am only shown the model that is in my home tenant. I do not see the model that was created in the tenant where I am a guest (and the model was shared with me). In the tenant where I am a guest, I do not believe they have purchased any Power BI licenses. I was under the impression that since I am able to access models in my home tenant, I would be able to access models in other tenants as long as they are shared with me. So I guess the question is whether premium capacity is required only in my home tenant (which I do have) or if it is required in the tenant where the model is?

@dave64164624 

Thanks for clarifying.  So you are trying to connect to your ML model via Power BI desktop - and expect the second (shared) model to be visible to you in the same way as the identical one in your own tenant (after authenticating).   

These seems like less of a Power BI issue and more of an Azure issue.  It sounds like you're just trying to connect to a data source (that was shared from Azure).  Not exactly sure how to direct you to problem solve through this alternative pathway though..  

My previous comments were more about accessing a ML model from Power BI Service - which may not necessarily apply in this use case.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.