Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

zaidmasad
Helper III
Helper III

Access to edit report for users without publishing

Hello,

Can I give the users of my dashboard an access to edit the report, without being abel to pin it live or save it over my dashboard?

Thanks,

Zaid

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @zaidmasad,

When you publish the content pack, did you see the "Success" prompt?

3.PNG

How did those users get content pack? Please check below steps:

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @zaidmasad,

In your scenario, how did you grant users access to your dashboards and reports? Did you directly share dashboards with them? Or shares APP or content pack with them? If it is the former one, I should say users have no permission to edit dashboards and relative reports. They can only view reports. If you share dashboard with app, users cannot edit reports either. If you share dashboards via content pack, users can create a copy of content pack, then, they can edit reports and save the modified reports to their own workspace. That is to say, they have no permission to overwrite your original dashboards and reports.

If I have something misunderstood, please correct me and provide more description about your requirement.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi @v-yulgu-msft,

Creating the content pack seems to be a good solution,

I have created a content pack and shared it with a group (not the whole orginzation) but they couldnt find it, when they try to access it. Is this a problem from my admin? he limited my access of creating content packs?

Thanks,

Zaid

Hi @zaidmasad,

When you publish the content pack, did you see the "Success" prompt?

3.PNG

How did those users get content pack? Please check below steps:

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

zaidmasad
Helper III
Helper III

Maybe downloading a copy of the report to power BI desktop, but again I dont want them to save it or pin it live over my dashboard.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.