Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

omera999

Access data source for tutorials

hi all I am just wondering where can I get Access data sources for the video tutorails on power bi ? and what other resources available with parctice examples to develop my skills with Power BI ?

many thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @omera999,

To impoert data from Access DB into Power BI desktop, you should first install Access Database Engine version first, either 32-bit or 64-bit, that matches your Power BI Desktop version.

In Power BI, you can directly use Access Database data source as shown in below image.

1.PNG

Please refer to this article which describes all available data sources in Power BI: Data sources in Power BI Desktop

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Yuliana and thank you for your reply it was very helpful, however what I actually need is a sample of Access file to use in my practise. I managed to find the excel file called   Internet Sales but when I progressed to getting Access data I could not find the file called PowerBI.accdb related to the tutorial in the link below 

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/guided-learning/powerbi-learning-1-2-connect-to-data-sources-in-...

as I need an Access file to work on for my practises. could you advise where to get this file and other sample files for Power BI training.

Many thanks 

Hi @omera999,

After researching, I didn't find the related sample file mentioned in that tutorial. If you want some sample data for practises, maybe you could create sample data through Access according to your need. Or maybe you could try to download the sample file from this link: download sample databases

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
omera999

hi all I am taking the tutorial videos about power bi and I wondering where can I get the Access file data source from ?

many thanks 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.