Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Access and No Access

Hey,

I have a dataset that contains a list of Active Directories like this:

Employee ID         Title

1                           Manager - HR

2                           Manager - Finance

and so on.

I want my Power BI Dashboards/Report access to be given only to the people having this title. If in the future, any of these employees go to another Title that is not in this list, then they are automatically denied access to the Power BI reports and dashboards. Is there any way this can be done?

Thanks, in advance!

1 REPLY 1
edhans
Super User
Super User

AFAIK, you cannot dynamically deny access to a dashboard, short of some PowerShell script to update security groups, but you can hide/show data based on userlevel. See this article on dynamic row level security based on user IDs.

Best case scenario would be if you gave them access to the dashboard and you didn't want them to have access at a given time, RLS would show no data for them, so a blank dashboard/report.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.