cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ALopezLago Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Access Web Content Access to the Resource is forbidden

Hello,

We are sorry that you are encountering this issue in the latest version. We are trying to find the cause of it. If you have a URL which can reproduce this issue, we would appreciate having it messaged to me privately so we can get more information on our side.

If you do not want to share the URL, we are curious about these properties of the API:

- Are you using HTTPS for the API?

- Are you using From Web, From SharePoint List, From OData, or another data source?

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I am having the same problem. I cannot to do "get data" from Power BI Desktop with the "web access" connector from last February 1st.

I try to link via "web connector" Excel files saved in Teams.  I did it many times last months but now it doesn't work. I don't understand why I receice the message "access forbidden to the resource" if I created the file in teams (sharepoint) and I am using the same user in Power BI to "get data".

I am even not prompted to choose an account! I would like to choose my organizational account, but I cannot. Directlly Power Bi try to connect. It looks like it tries to connect with the default credentials "anonymous".

It is curious, because now in order to update an excel file already linked (before February 1st) I have to edit the connection, and choose my organizational account. At least for old files I can choose "organizational account" but for new files I have no chance to choose the organizational account as directly comes the mistake, The account panel is by-passed.

It happens with the last release of december. Mates with an old release don't have this issue!

So please, solve this incident!

Javier

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now it works!

I have just received this reply from Cherry... I tested it and it works (after clearing the permissions). I copy here the reply:

--- 

If it still have problem , please create a new pbix file and clear the Permission the data source of SharePoint you used before under Edit Queries>> Data source setting>>Global Permissions>> find the sharepoint source >> Clear Permissions.

Please update the latest version of Power BI Desktop ( 2.66.5376.1681) and test again. By my test with this new version, everything works as expected.

If it still have problem , please create a new pbix file and clear the Permission the data source of SharePoint you used before under Edit Queries>> Data source setting>>Global Permissions>> find the sharepoint source >> Clear Permissions.

Then you could get data again.

-----

I excpect it also works for all of you!

Jaiver

Chris_Nash Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

Just to confirm, I ran into this problems as well...

Corp environment.

Desktop development of report, with dataset loaded from Web connector to Excel doc stored on Sharepoint.

No problems for about a week. One day I decided to hit Refresh button, then got "Access to the resource is forbidden." error. 

To rule out anything in my report, I started a new desktop project, connected to a different Excel doc with Web connection to the new Excel stored on Sharepoint and got "Access to the resource is forbidden." in the data connection dialog (where if successful it asks you which tables you want to load).

Like others above problem was resovled when I selected Clear Permissions (under Data sources in current file in my case) then logged in again with my organizational account.

Would be nice if it didn't do this.

Chris.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 113 members 1,630 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: