Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

leo3690
Regular Visitor

Access Data Based on Relationship Question

I have four sheets that I am bringing into PowerBi and have created the below relationships.  What I was thinking I would be able to do was that since I have a table between to of the main tables I would be able to access all the data in both of these tables.  Below is a table of what I am trying to do.

Customer ID and Pen would come from the transaction table and amount would come from the FFAPOC table.  Any help or clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Customer IDPenAmount
1231$25.00 
4563$45.00 
5632$99.00 
1117$123.00 

relationship2.png 

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@leo3690

In this scenario, your Transaction and Pen tables are under "Many to One" relationship. It's also "Many to One" between Pen and FFAPOC tables. So the Customer ID and Amount are under "Many to Many" relationship, you can't directly include them into a table.

For your requirement, you can create a Total Amount Measure to aggregate the Amount column instead of directly including Amount column.

Regards

Make the relationship between Transaction and Pens table as directional. Let me know the outcome.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.