Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sweet-T
Helper III
Helper III

Ability to selectively hide tooltip while scrolling through table

Hi all: 

Wondering if PBI has the ability to hide a tooltip, with a keyboard shortcut/command while a user is scrolling through a table. 

I would like the tooltip to be available on the table, but it is large and obscuring data while users search through the table. 

I can't find anything suggesting it can, but thought I'd ask here in case. 

Thanks!

T

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Sweet-T

I tested with Version: 2.63.3272.40262 64-bit (October 2018), when i scroll throught the table visual, the report tooltip doesn't show up.

The report tooltip only shows when i hover on the cells of the table, it disappears when i scroll throught the table visual, after scrolling, i stop my mouse pointer over the cell, but the tooltip still doesn't show, then i move my mouse pointer away and move it over the cell again, the tooltip shows.

Regarding "it is large and obscuring data while users search through the table", please note that:

When you move your mouse pointer away from the cells, the report tooltip over the visual doesn't disappear immediately, it would continuously display for a while then disapper.

This delay may result in the large and obscuring visual. 

Best Regards

Maggie

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sweet-T

hide a tooltip, with a keyboard shortcut/command while a user is scrolling through a table

the "table" is a table visual?

To my knowledge, it is impossible to add tooltip in a table visual.

If the "table" is another visual, it is strange because tooltip shows when the mouse hover on one data point of the visual, it doesn't show when scrolling a table.

the tooltip to be available on the table, but it is large and obscuring data while users search through the table

large and obscuring data->the tooltip should show as a picture? something like tooptip page?

users search through the table-> the "table" is a table visual? or a dataset? If you mean "search box" on the top of the table name in the left pane, i'm afraid there isn't any tooptip.

Best Regards

Maggie

Hi Maggie,

Yes, I'm using the "Report Page" feature to display an image as a tooltip on my table visual. 

users search through the table: I meant scroll throught the table visual. 

It's fine, I'm going to relocate the Report tooltip to somewhere else so this is a non-issue. However, it would be nice to be able to hide in the future. 

Thanks! Theo

Hi @Sweet-T

I tested with Version: 2.63.3272.40262 64-bit (October 2018), when i scroll throught the table visual, the report tooltip doesn't show up.

The report tooltip only shows when i hover on the cells of the table, it disappears when i scroll throught the table visual, after scrolling, i stop my mouse pointer over the cell, but the tooltip still doesn't show, then i move my mouse pointer away and move it over the cell again, the tooltip shows.

Regarding "it is large and obscuring data while users search through the table", please note that:

When you move your mouse pointer away from the cells, the report tooltip over the visual doesn't disappear immediately, it would continuously display for a while then disapper.

This delay may result in the large and obscuring visual. 

Best Regards

Maggie

Awesome, thanks for checking back in Maggie. I'll test this out. 

Hi @Sweet-T

Does my answer help you?

Could you kindly accept it as a solution so others may refer to?

Best Regards

Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors