Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ability to Edit/Combine Power BI Service Datasets

Will we ever be able to edit datasets from the Power BI Service?

The issue I'm running into:

I have a growing number of reports that are (mostly) using the same source data from the same database. I would estimate that 95% of the data in each report is the same. However, in each report, I have to make a few changes in Power Query or occasionally merge in another table. But I'm uploading the same millions of rows every day/week, with only slight modifications. 

It would be much more efficient for me to be able to load a common dataset from the Power BI Service, then make table Power Query edits and/or merge in new tables to fit the specific application. 

Is that ability anywhere on the roadmap? I need to know if I should start hacking together other solutions or just wait. Do these statements from earlier in the summer mean that we'll be able to edit Power BI Service data sometime soon?:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-expands-self-service-prep-for-big-data-unifies-mod...

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

This should be a super userfull feature to have. As of right now, I have lots of reports that have similar datasets, but there are no ways to create an enterprise dashboard with all the datasets in Power BI service

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.