Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rishtinz
Helper I
Helper I

Ability for users to Disable/enable labels by click of a button

I don't think there's a feature built-in or dax function available to enable/disable labels on data points. Is there a workaround?

I submitted this as an idea.

Microsoft Idea (powerbi.com)

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rishtinz,

What type of visuals are you tested on?

If they include options to turn on/off the data label, you can try to use the bookmark to save two visuals with different data label styles and bind them to different buttons to achieve click button change different visual styles.

Create report bookmarks in Power BI to share insights and build stories - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

For other scenarios, you can consider submitting ideas for improved visual usage.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Yes, that's a good workaround but the two visuals layered one on top of another could get messy. But perhaps in this particular situation where the two layered visuals have the exact same fields, legends and values then it could work. But say if you have a huge dashboard in terms of data and visualizations then such workarounds could add more resources on to your dashboard. Ability to switch labels on and off using a dax function or format properties could be a very effecient method.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.