cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SilvaEric1
Regular Visitor

AWS Postgres: 'The remote certificate is invalid'

Hi All, 

I've tried the attached instructions, but I'm still receiving the following error message when trying to connect to AWS RDS Postgres.

Details: "An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.'" 

Since that post is a couple of years old, I thought I'd ask if there are any additional items to look for? I've installed the latest version of npgsql and imported the AWS RDS Certificates. I'm able to successfully connect to the Database via PgAdmin so it's not an account issue. Any help would be appreciated! 

Thanks, 

Eric

3 REPLIES 3
Pohatta
Regular Visitor

I was also stuck with this issue today. The solution might be obvious to some people but I think it's not clearly mentioned in the other conversation. If you have done everything that is mentioned in the linked instructions than one more thing you should check is that are you using the qualified domain name when connecting to AWS. By this I mean something that ends with ...amazonaws.com. I think you just can't use aliases with the AWS certificate. I didn't invent the solution but happened to stumble on it in this community conversation.

tarunsareen25
Frequent Visitor

@SilvaEric1 Were you able to find a solution or a workaround for this? We are stuck with the same problem

v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SilvaEric1 ,

As tested, I can't reproduce the problem you encountered, please create support ticket .

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

July 2021 Update 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the July 2021 Updates

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors