cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

AVERAGE DAX Query to round decimal

Hi everyone,

Bit of help, I currently have a DAX query which averages a column total however I wanted it to display the Average out of 9 for the card visual. 

So in the SS below I have done the Average of the column and added & "/9" so it will display the for example 3.4/9 in the card. However it displays 3.321321/9 for example. As the measure has text for "/9" I am unable to change the decimal indiciation on the Measure tools tab, as below. 

Capture.JPG

Unsure if I can use the ROUND function inside this query or if there is a way around it, any help would be great!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @Anonymous ,

when it's only about the way you display the number, then just use the custom format. Like this, it stays a number, but the display is with a "/9" as you want it:

selimovd_0-1628615006083.png

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @Anonymous ,

when it's only about the way you display the number, then just use the custom format. Like this, it stays a number, but the display is with a "/9" as you want it:

selimovd_0-1628615006083.png

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @Anonymous 

This should work

Avg_Round2 = ROUND(CALCULATE(AVERAGE('Table'[Sales])),0) & "/9"

Thanks!

PS: Kindly accept the post if it works! And Click the Thumbs Up if you like!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
November 2022 Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2022 updates!

Microsoft 365 Conference â__ December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference - 06-08 December

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power BI Dev Camp Session 27

Ted's Dev Camp

This session walks through creating a new Azure AD B2C tenant and configuring it with user flows and custom policies.