Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

AS Process PID=19816 has exited with ExitCode=-1073741819

Hello everyone!
For some reason the Power BI Desktop is not opening.
The error message is: AS Process PID=19816 has exited with ExitCode=-1073741819

There are other similar topics here in the community, but they have not been resolved.

Feedback Type:
Frown (Error)

Timestamp:
2021-07-15T18:12:12.1968066Z

Local Time:
2021-07-15T15:12:12.1968066-03:00

Session ID:
f39bf830-a82d-4601-8f2c-9926c08731fe

Release:
June 2021

Product Version:
2.94.921.0 (21.06) (x64)

Stack Trace:
Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.AnalysisServices.AnalysisServicesProcessUnexpectedExitException
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.AnalysisServices.AnalysisServicesProcess.AcquireServerDynamicPortInfo()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.AnalysisServices.AnalysisServicesProcess.EnsureServiceIsReady()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.AnalysisServices.AnalysisServicesProcess.Start()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.AnalysisServices.AnalysisServicesService.<StartProcess>d__22.MoveNext()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Utilities.TaskExtensions.WaitAndUnpackException(Task task)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.AnalysisServices.AnalysisServicesService.CreateEmptyDatabase()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.AnalysisServices.AnalysisServicesService.<StartProcess>d__22.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.IExceptionHandlerExtensions.<HandleAwaitableAsyncExceptions>d__1.MoveNext()

PowerBINonFatalError:
{"AppName":"PBIDesktop","AppVersion":"2.94.921.0","ModuleName":"Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.dll","Component":"Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.AnalysisServices.AnalysisServicesProcess","Error":"Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.AnalysisServices.AnalysisServicesProcessUnexpectedExitException","MethodDef":"AcquireServerDynamicPortInfo","ErrorOffset":"110"}

OS Version:
Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.19042.0 (x64 pt-BR)

CLR Version:
4.7 or later [Release Number = 528372]

Peak Virtual Memory:
37.8 GB

Private Memory:
207 MB

Peak Working Set:
301 MB

IE Version:

User ID:
c046d9e4-dc2c-41db-8227-4fe3cefd18d0

Workbook Package Info:
None

Telemetry Enabled:
True

DPI Scale:
125%

Supported Services:
Power BI

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Anonymous ,

1. Whether your computer system is the windows7 version, starting from January 31, 2021, Windows 7 no longer supports Power BI Desktop.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/desktop-get-the-desktop#:~:text=Since%20January%2031st%202021%2C%20Power,longer%20supported%20on%20Windows%207

vyangliumsft_0-1626672659266.png

2. Any specific policy and firewall rules existed on your device? (they may block power bi process)

3. You may check Troubleshoot opening Power BI Desktop and try Download Power BI Desktop directly.

4. Try to uninstall completely, reboot the machine and try to install PBI Desktop again.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58494

and you could also try to old version

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/desktop-latest-update-archive?tabs=powerbi-desktop

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Sonnieify

My system is windows 8. I have been able to resolve the issue. Thank you!

hi, 

How did you resolve the issue?

I have the same problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Liu!

My computer system is Windows 10

I just installed Power BI as an advisor in topic 3 and 4 and it worked.

Thank you very much!

Recently, I have same issue with this error code.

I have installed Power BI on fresh server (Windows 2012 R2), successfully (no error message).  At beginning, when I open Power BI Dekstop, an exception pop-up about missing api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll.  I have tried download the file and copy manually .  Then the issue AS exit raised.

Later on, I installed latest version Visual C++ Redistributable, then I can open Power BI Desktop successfully.  So if you have same issue, try install this package.  Hope it helps.

Thanks.

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Anonymous ,

1. Whether your computer system is the windows7 version, starting from January 31, 2021, Windows 7 no longer supports Power BI Desktop.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/desktop-get-the-desktop#:~:text=Since%20January%2031st%202021%2C%20Power,longer%20supported%20on%20Windows%207

vyangliumsft_0-1626672659266.png

2. Any specific policy and firewall rules existed on your device? (they may block power bi process)

3. You may check Troubleshoot opening Power BI Desktop and try Download Power BI Desktop directly.

4. Try to uninstall completely, reboot the machine and try to install PBI Desktop again.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58494

and you could also try to old version

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/desktop-latest-update-archive?tabs=powerbi-desktop

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.