Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

ARC GIS subscription required?

Hi, I created some maps in Arc GIS for power bi a while ago and have been refreshing them regularly. Now I get a message on my visual when I'm in the desktop version saying "Access to this content requires permission." 

I thought that there was a free version of Arc GIS in power bi and that I didn't need a subscription to create some basic visuals. Did this change recently?

johnkara_0-1630750327846.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, @BrettGalassi@GlassShark1@mohammadrafic,

This is caused by the latest update of ArcGIS for Power BI.

The product team on the ArcGIS for Power BI visual have confirmed that there was an update that went out, and unfortunately it is having a negative impact. They do have a fix for it and it's looking like the first patch would roll out in 8 days.

Icey_0-1631152072649.png

Here is the related thread: Maps got broken in the last update - Esri Community.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi all,

An update:

Icey_0-1631770137138.png

Reference: Maps got broken in the last update - Page 3 - Esri Community

Best Regards,

Icey

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, @BrettGalassi@GlassShark1@mohammadrafic,

This is caused by the latest update of ArcGIS for Power BI.

The product team on the ArcGIS for Power BI visual have confirmed that there was an update that went out, and unfortunately it is having a negative impact. They do have a fix for it and it's looking like the first patch would roll out in 8 days.

Icey_0-1631152072649.png

Here is the related thread: Maps got broken in the last update - Esri Community.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

BrettGalassi
Regular Visitor

I had to rebuild mine as well, thankfully it didn't take me ages to build.

GlassShark1
Helper III
Helper III

Same. Has broken a report that took an age to make. Not happy!!!

I'm having to re-build all my ARC GiS maps from scratch on all our reports as the update has broken all of them (typically not displaying the value layer, or forgetting default settings when you navigate away from the page).

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I find that if we convert from another visual to ArcGIS visual, the error will appear. But if we create ArcGIS visual directly, there is no error.

no access.gif

with access.gif

Best Regards,

Icey

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for replying @Anonymous. My visuals were created to be Arc GIS maps, I didn't convert from another type of visual, and they were stable for a very long time. That said, I just checked this morning and it appears to be working as expected, so not sure what happened there.

mohammadrafic
Helper I
Helper I

I'm having the same issue, any help would be appreciated. is it possible to import our map which is more clear with esri. 

BrettGalassi
Regular Visitor

I'm having the same issue, any help would be appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors