Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

vwiles84
Helper III
Helper III

API-Secret, Key and Token

I am trying to configure my query to pull data from an API.  I have the API address, secret and key.  When I send the secret and key, my answer back is a token (amongst other pieces of information).  I then have to take the token from the first call and authenticate again with a user name and password to obtain the actual data I need for the dashboard report.  Any suggestions on how to code this so it is automatic? 

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Not really,

Basically my API requires me to send a security call with the API Secret and Key.  In the response from that call, i get a login TOKEN.  I then have to make another call with that token and pass it with my website username and password using the API call of the full sales data. 

So the first call output looks like this:

"SellerId": XX,
"sellertoken": "ACTUAL TOKEN REMOVED",
"loginBadLoginCnt": 0,
"sellerEnabled": true,
"loginEnabled": true,
"loginFullName": "NAME REMOVED",
"loginPassword": null,
"SellerCompanyName":
"SellerUseAdvancedCategorySelector": false,
"SellerUseAdvancedItemForm": false,
"SellerUseMultiImageUploader": false,
"loginCustomerService": true,
"loginReceiveTicketEmail": false,
"PickupSchedulingEnabled": false,
"PickupDaysOut": null,
"PickupAdvanceDays": null,
"PickupChangeDays": null,
"PickupMaxItemsPerAppointment": null,
"FedExAccountNumber": null,
"FedExMeterNumber": null,
"FedExKey": null,
"FedExPassword": null,
"AzureQueueName": "u",
"ApiKeyID": "",
"ApiSecretKey": "",
"Error": null
}

What I don't know how to do is make this call in Power BI, capture the seller token, then use the seller token in the next call to get the sales data. 

Sorry, but these links did not help. 😕  I've switched to another dashboard creation so I will come back to this when i am able to try again. thanks for your help. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.