Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

API, Power BI and JSON

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone can help.  I use Power BI on a daily basis and all my reporting is done via SQL scripts directly into Power BI.  My origanistion has just started using a new sales platform which does not sit on SQL.   They use an API which aapprently we can access and pull directly into Power BI.  Has anyone had any expericne with this?  I have never used an API before and have no idea if this is something i can do? I'm trying to understand if it is as easy as just connecting to the API and building the reports as normal in Power BI.  Will this be a live source and how do you select what tables, columns ect you need?

Many thanks

Craig

1 REPLY 1
blopez11
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

There is quite a bit of material on the internet related to this topic

We have implemented quite a few reports using RESTful web service APIs

However, they can be quite tricky when it comes to authentication, pagination, etc.

It really comes down to the API you are accessing

We typically play with the API using Postman to make sure we can get the queries to work before moving to Power BI

Good luck,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.