Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

API Json response

I'm using a service to kick off a Power BI refresh from an API call. I want the service to wait for a return status of completed before continuing. The issue im having is the saves response file always has 4 items in the array, after just one call. And everytime its ran succesfully, the information in the response file is always the exact same. Why is that?/What am I doing wrong?

And is it possible to get a reponse satus while its running, and then an updated one once completed? Thanks

json response.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi JWatson,

Based on your screenshot, it seems like you are using schedule refresh rest api and the refresh starttime and end time has been responsed to your client. What's the issue? Could you share more details?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE:  I realize that my refreshes have not been working. The list I keep getting are the only four succesful runs, even though the program finishes with success. So I need to get that corrected.

My other questions are, is it possible to get a status back during the process? Or is it only returned with either completed or failed? And whats the correct way to only check the lastest refresh? The ?top parameter hasnt been working for me. But maybe I am using it incorrectly.

https://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/groups/{groupid}/datasets/{datasetid}/refreshes/?top=1

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for replying.

I was expecting only one response as opposed to the four I recieved. And the start and end times are never different no matter when its ran. I have it creating a new file each time so I can compare. I can't imagine that being correct.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.