Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

API Help (I Think)

Let me start by stating that I am very new to power query and M and PowerBI. Now that this is out of the way, I need assistance with populating a child table using an API call.

The parent table is populated using a call like this:

http://oursite.webservices.mydata.com/webapi/api/v1/records?ApiKey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It creates a table with the following

RecordID

Customer Name

Type

Date

Customer 1

User

1/1/2017

Customer 2

User

2/1/2017

To call the details for each record we use a call like the following:

http://oursite.webservices.mydata.com/webapi/api/v1/record/[RecordID]?ApiKey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Which creates a single entity like

RecordID

Active

Open

North

True

1/1/2017

All API requests return a JSON document.

Being new to all of this I can’t figure out how to either repeat the call for each child record or if there is a function that will pass the RecordID to the 2nd API call for each of the RecordID’s in the first table.

Any help would be appreciated and if you can point me to any good reference material I would be indebted to you. Thank you in advance for any and all comments and assistance.

1 REPLY 1
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

I think you can reference this thread Write M code to run multiple queries and the append them all into a single table.

Please note my comments in that thread.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.