Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

StephenF
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

API Credentials reset in Desktop to anonymous

I load my PBIX

I Click refresh

I get the an error and end up here

at1.png

In data source settings I notice the credentials have been set to "Not specified".

This is despite previously setting them to Basic with the proper username and password.

This issue constantly recurs with me having to change from anonymous to Basic and add the login informaiton for my API call.

Other times I get a wrong password error as it seems to have something in the password field thats incorrect - very strange behaviour.

5 REPLIES 5
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @StephenF,

Could you please clear the permissions and try again?

2.PNG

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

I suspect this is a bug.

Basically my API credentials keeping getting reset to anonymous when I am doing a manual refresh on my 10 or so API calls.

I usually get asked for new credentials twice when I run the refresh of the 10 calls. They all are accessing the same API.

Thread here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/API-Credentials-reset-in-Desktop-to-anonymous/m-p/615654#M2...

StephenF
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Disabling parralel loading for tables in settings fixes this issue.

Is there any other way to get support for this issue?

Hi Frank,

That doesnt affect the result.

What I did do was save the pbix under a different name. Ran the refresh in that and presto - no problems. I ran it again just to be sure and there was no issue

Then when I renamed this pbix to the original name, the Issue reccurred, checking the settings the permissions were set back to "Not Specified" once again. I set the basic username and password here and returned to the main screen and clicked refresh where I got 1 popup prompting me for credentials with the password chevrons having the wrong length and after filling that in correctly another popup for another api call that showed no username or password and the screen trying to get anonymous data.

Once it all completes refreshing through the several tables it updates I check the permissions again and they are once again set back to "Not Specified". I fill in the details again. Close permissions and click refresh and it shows this:

The password blackblobs should be 10 not 7

credentials.jpg

I'm using the November release, and using 9 different API strings on this one website if its any use.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.