Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Marcin
Helper V
Helper V

ALM Toolkit error

Hi,

doeas anybody use the ALM Toolkit to copmare two datamodels from PowerBI desktop files ?

When I try to use this tool I get an error:

"Analysis Server is not running in Tabular mode"

I will be grateful for help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Marcin ,

How did you connect to the model? As the post hereit currently doesn't work with the local Power BI Desktop AS instance. When we open up the XMLA endpoint on Power BI (soon), it will work with the Power BI service in the first version.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

ALM toolkit works great.  I do recognie that Datasets modified by using the XMLA endpoint can't be downloaded to a .pbix file, but the issue that I am having is that a report connected to that dataset once I have made modifications using the ALM toolkit also cannot be downloaded.  No issues with other reports in the workspace connected to other datasets which have not been modified using ALM.  Any help would be appreciated.  Has anyone come across this issue and found a solution?

ALM issue_Report cannot be downloaded.JPG

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Marcin ,

How did you connect to the model? As the post hereit currently doesn't work with the local Power BI Desktop AS instance. When we open up the XMLA endpoint on Power BI (soon), it will work with the Power BI service in the first version.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @v-frfei-msft ,

I tried to connect to my local PowerBI desktop file model.

Thank you for information. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.