Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

yamayancha
Frequent Visitor

ALLEXCEPT with Year filter

Hello,

I am currently working on updating a dashboard I build with data for the last quarter. So far it had included only data for one year (2021) and now that there is another year, one of my calculations stopped working. The data looks like this:

periodIDscenariovaluedate
202112PL1016629822220211201
202203PL1018240034320220301
202206PL1011687269820220601
202212PL1051702669420221201

This table is connected to the date table via the date field in a 1 to * relationship (calendar being 1, the table also has data for other scenarios than PL for the same periods).

In my visual I need to always display the value for the last period of the current year. To do this I use the following calculation:

CALCULATE(SUM('table'[value]), 'table'[scenario] = "PL", ALLEXCEPT('Calendar','Calendar'[Year]), 'Calendar'[Month]=12)

The whole page is filtered to period 202203 (March 2022) but when I use my measure in a visual I always get data for both 202112 and 202212 despite the page filter being set to 2022 as evidenced by the Year column:

yamayancha_0-1652687927491.png

Shouldn't ALLEXCEPT keep the Year filter intact for the calculation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @yamayancha ,

Please update the formula of your measure as below and check whether it can get your desired result...

Measure =
CALCULATE (
    SUM ( 'table'[value] ),
    FILTER (
        'table',
        'table'[scenario] = "PL"
            && YEAR ( 'table'[date] ) = SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Calendar'[Year] )
            && MONTH ( 'table'[date] ) = 12
    )
)

If the above one can't help you get the desired result, please provide some sample data in your tables (exclude sensitive data) with Text format and your expected result with backend logic and special examples. It is better if you can share a simplified pbix file. You can refer the following link to upload the file to the community. Thank you.

How to upload PBI in Community

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@yamayancha , try like

CALCULATE(SUM('table'[value]), 'table'[scenario] = "PL", Filter(all('Calendar'), 'Calendar'[Month]=12))

or

CALCULATE(SUM('table'[value]), 'table'[scenario] = "PL", Filter(all('Calendar''[Month]), 'Calendar'[Month]=12))

Thank you for your reply.

The first version FILTER(ALL('Calendar')) gives me a similar result to what I had before except that the 2021 value is now also filled outside of the total column:

yamayancha_0-1652688897011.png

The second version FILTER(all('Calendar'[Month]) results in an empty table:

yamayancha_1-1652688946189.png

Hi @yamayancha ,

Please update the formula of your measure as below and check whether it can get your desired result...

Measure =
CALCULATE (
    SUM ( 'table'[value] ),
    FILTER (
        'table',
        'table'[scenario] = "PL"
            && YEAR ( 'table'[date] ) = SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Calendar'[Year] )
            && MONTH ( 'table'[date] ) = 12
    )
)

If the above one can't help you get the desired result, please provide some sample data in your tables (exclude sensitive data) with Text format and your expected result with backend logic and special examples. It is better if you can share a simplified pbix file. You can refer the following link to upload the file to the community. Thank you.

How to upload PBI in Community

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors