Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

craasp
Frequent Visitor

ALLEXCEPT - my trojan friend

Hi, I struggle with ALLEXCEPT in one of my measures, here is what I want:

Example table "Apples":

Year

Color

Size

Amount

green

big

red

small

red

big

green

big

green

small

red

big

red

small

green

big

yellow

small

red

small

green

small

I like to visualise on a line and clustered column chart, "allApples" and "selectedApples" side by side with line representing the ratio of "allApples" to "selectedApples" (="ratio"); x-axis are the Years. "selectedApples" is the the sum of Amount per Year, which should react to a slicer where I can choose in two slicers Color and Size. "allApples" are the sum of Amount per Year without reacting to the slicer. But the one yellow apple should be filtered out by an page level filter.

My solution attempt:

allApples=Calculate(sum(Apples[Amount]);Allexcept(Apples;Apples[Year]);Filter(Apples;Apples[Color]<>"yellow"))

selectedApples= sum(Apples[Amount])

ratio=Apples[selectedApples]/Apples[allApples]

remark: the orginaal table got more columns, data entries and slicer. This is just a simplisitc example

Here is how it turns out: The slicer for Color affects also allApples. Why?? Now I would assume that is related to the filter in "allApples" measure, but the slicer for Size does also affect "allApples"

A not sufficient Solution:

when I incorporate the ALLEXCEPT in a filter:  allApples=Calculate(sum(Apples[Amount]);Filter(Allexcept(Apples;[Year]);Apples[Color]<>"yellow")) it seems to work.. but:  when I choose only red apples in the slicer, the data for 2010 is not displayed for "allApples" because "selectedApples" does not have any data. How to prevent this?????????? I choose already "show items with no data" with the x-axis..

PLEASE HELP!! and Thank you in advance, I think I miss here somthing obvious :((

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

@craasp

Hi, to obtain this chart (in a preview Post) i modified the measure to this:

AllApples =
CALCULATE (
    SUM ( Apples[Amount] ),
    ALLEXCEPT ( Apples, Years[Year] ),
    Apples[Color] <> "yellow"
)

Lima - Peru

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.