Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AlejandroPCar
Helper IV
Helper IV

ALLEXCEPT Issue

Hi!, 

I've found the following issue with ALLEXCEPT function:

My formula  --->  Valores CIIU =
 VAR ValoresCIIU = CALCULATE( [Semana Valores], ALLEXCEPT( CIIU, CIIU[id_clase] ) )
RETURN
 ValoresCIIU

This formula does not work as I expect it should. The result is the same to my [Semana Valores]

measure and when I put it in a matrix for see the result, as you can see, both formulas do the same, so ALLEXCEPT is not working. I want the formula show me the CIIU result (in table would be the 111 value or 17,570,148) for every row of every company that belongs to its respective CIIU. 

TablaALLEXCEPT.png Here is my pbix file if it would be needed. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtTnrgPUQzQCkFc5l7kMeLoe7z9X

Thanks a lot!

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@AlejandroPCar

In your scenario, your CIIU[id_clase] and [Empresa] fields are from different table. These two fields have no direct relationship. So when you put both feilds into matrix and drill down into one level, it can't make the calculation group on CIIU[id_clase] with ALLEXCEPT(). 

Their "relationship" is actually described in your fact table "Estado_Resultados". So you should put Estado_Resultados[id_ClaseCIIU4F] into matrix and ALLEXCEPT() on this column. But I still can't figure out why the measure can't take your report filter "departmentno <> BLANK()". So I hard code the filter into the measure:

Measure = CALCULATE( [Semana Valores], ALLEXCEPT( Estado_Resultados,  Estado_Resultados[id_ClaseCIIU4F] ),FILTER(Geografia,Geografia[departamento]<>BLANK()))

23.PNG

Hi @v-sihou-msft

Thank you very much for your response.  It seems like it works like I want, but the problem is it does not work for me if the ALLEXCEPT filter come from the main table Estado_Resultados, because the filters I need for ALLEXCEPT are in  CIIU table. Is there a way to do that? I mean use the CIIU table as an argument of ALLEXCEPT, I saw examples in power bi pages where it could be donde. What I am doing wrong? 

Thanks again for your answer.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.