Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ALL works for one formula but not the other

I have a matrix visual like this:

Capture.PNGWhen you click on one of the boxes, it brings up a table below of the top ten products (by inventory volume) that are sitting in that category right now (this month).  The idea is for people to click on the red and amber boxes, to see what their problematic inventory is. The % figures show proportion of overall stock in each category and give a idea of overall portfolio health.

I've been asked to include a MoM change to the table, so people can see how the inventory volume changes this month vs last month, but they don't want to see the change in just that category (box); they want to see total MoM change for all stock of the product of which any volume is sitting in that category.

What is happening at the moment is that I can't seem to filter the calculation so that I can see both the volume only in that selected box, and the total volume as well.

e.g. here is the current position for one product:  

table.PNG

So both batches reduced in quantity vs. last month, but both batches also moved categories.  The risk matrix shows the % of stock in each category this month:

product 1.PNG

When I look at all the boxes (no filter on matrix) I get the correct result:

skuallboxes.png

When I click on the AY box only, I get the below result:

skuAYbox.png

The Selected box = 308 (correct) because that is the total of volume in the selected box in the matrix.  The All risks is supposed to show  418 (incorrect), as the total of all quantity on that SKU regardless of box.

The Last Month (LM all risks) seems to be working as well

The calculations are as below:

All risks = CALCULATE([UoM TM Market],ALL(Inventory[Depletion in 4 months], Inventory[Risk Group 1]))
LM All Risks = CALCULATE([UoM LM Market],ALL(Inventory[Depletion in 4 months], Inventory[Risk Group 1]))

Where All risks comes from:

TM Market = CALCULATE(
SWITCH(TRUE(),
VALUES(SwitchUoM[SwitchUoM]) = "Value GBP", [Sum Value Market],
VALUES(SwitchUoM[SwitchUoM]) = "Volume AC", [Sum Volume AC Market],
VALUES(SwitchUoM[SwitchUoM]) = "Volume EU", [Sum Volume EU Market],
VALUES(SwitchUoM[SwitchUoM]) = "No. of SKUs", [Sum Distinct SKUs Market],
[Sum Volume 9L Market])
, FILTER(ALL(Inventory[InventoryDate]) , Inventory[InventoryDate] = MAX(Dates[Date]))
)+0

So I'm really confused why it's not working
1 REPLY 1
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dapperscavenger ,

Can you please share some sample data and your expected results with us? We will understand more clearly. Thanks.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.