Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

ALL stopped "unfiltering"

I have a very simple Calculate that was working yesterday. Today it is broken.

Number of Calls Flagged = DISTINCTCOUNT(PhoneTopics[Number--Date])

Total Care Calls Flagged = CALCULATE([Number of Calls Flagged], PhoneTopics[Type]="Care", ALL('Call Topics'[Topic]))

%Flagged = DIVIDE([Number of Calls Flagged], [Total Care Calls Flagged])

Originally, the Total Care Calls added the grand total for all flagged calls to each topic row. then % flagged did its magic. Now, for some reason, Number of Calls Flagged and Total Care Calls Flagged match meaning that the Calculation is not using the ALL to remove the call topic filters.

I have tried new calculations, slicers, dicers, and exorcisers to no avail. Anyone have this happen before?

See below

All.JPG

@KHorsemanor @MattAllington can you help?BeforeToday.JPG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Have you by any chance changed the default Sort on any of the columns involved?

https://blog.crossjoin.co.uk/2015/12/15/power-bi-desktop-sort-by-column-and-dax-calculations-that-us...

I almost started rebuilding a data model because of ALL ( )

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/ALL-Function-Mystery/td-p/107458

View solution in original post

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Sean

I did just add a sort by column . . . Wow. I have beat myself over the head with this so much that I can no longer even make sense of the links you provided to write a fix. It is as if my brain has given up and left for the day because the measures were way too simple to give me the issue I was experiencing.

I think I will take a lunch and come back an re-read those links and maybe when I am not Hangry, I will experience an epiphany on how to fix the issue.

Thanks to you, at least I know why it isn't working.

EDIT:  I solved my issue short term using quick calculations in desktop. I went back after reading Sean's messages and links and changed the calcuation to fix the issue long-term with:

%Flagged = DIVIDE([Number of Calls Flagged], CALCULATE([Number of Calls Flagged], ALL('Call Topics'[Topic], 'Call Topics'[Sort Order])))

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Have you by any chance changed the default Sort on any of the columns involved?

https://blog.crossjoin.co.uk/2015/12/15/power-bi-desktop-sort-by-column-and-dax-calculations-that-us...

I almost started rebuilding a data model because of ALL ( )

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/ALL-Function-Mystery/td-p/107458

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Sean

I cheated, slightly. Since I needed this before lunch to present an idea, I used the quick calc feature to force another measure into the % of grand total I needed. This at least buys me time for lunch.

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Sean

I did just add a sort by column . . . Wow. I have beat myself over the head with this so much that I can no longer even make sense of the links you provided to write a fix. It is as if my brain has given up and left for the day because the measures were way too simple to give me the issue I was experiencing.

I think I will take a lunch and come back an re-read those links and maybe when I am not Hangry, I will experience an epiphany on how to fix the issue.

Thanks to you, at least I know why it isn't working.

EDIT:  I solved my issue short term using quick calculations in desktop. I went back after reading Sean's messages and links and changed the calcuation to fix the issue long-term with:

%Flagged = DIVIDE([Number of Calls Flagged], CALCULATE([Number of Calls Flagged], ALL('Call Topics'[Topic], 'Call Topics'[Sort Order])))

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.