Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

birdie29
Helper II
Helper II

ALL EXCEPT Help

Hi There

The following column should return 'Yes' if all the 'Engaged Answer' rows state '1' for a particular 'Worker' however as you can see below this isn't the case:

All Except.PNG

I think the issue is highlighted by having a filter on which only shows 'Q#' 1-12 because if I select all 'Q#'s then it is correct that the 'Fully Engaged' column should show 'No'.

Please can someone help me?

Thank you

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@birdie29 Sorry for the late answer.

Alright. This DAX formula should give you the desired result.

Percentage of engaged workers = IF(CALCULATE(COUNT(Test1[Engaged answer]);Test1[Engaged answer]=1)/CALCULATE(COUNT(Test1[Engaged answer]))=BLANK();0;CALCULATE(COUNT(Test1[Engaged answer]);Test1[Engaged answer]=1)/CALCULATE(COUNT(Test1[Engaged answer])))

Let me know if it works out for you.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
birdie29
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @Anonymous

That's a really good suggestion however we also need to know if the 'Worker' is 'Fully Engaged' based on only #Q's 1-12 also, however if I use your solution the score in this case would not come to 22 but only 12 and therefore become 'No' under the 'Fully Engaged' column. 

Is there another solution you can think of?

Thank you

Chris

Anonymous
Not applicable

@birdie29

Whoops I missed that part. Given your information this should work.

Fully engaged = IF(CALCULATE(SUM(Test1[Engaged answer]);VALUES(Test1[Worker]);Test1[Q#]<=12)=12;"Yes";"No")

Does this solve it?

Hi @Anonymous

Sorry I'm not being very clear. The 'Fully Engaged' response needs to be dynamic ie the user may select just #Q 1, 5 and 7 in which case if the 'Engaged Answer' for just these questions is '1' then I would want the formula to state 'Yes' regardless of what the response is for all the other questions.

Does that make sense?

Thank you

Chris

Anonymous
Not applicable

@birdie29

It makes perfect sense. Sorry for not picking it up earlier. I spend some time to come up with this.

Fully Engaged =

IF(CALCULATE(SUM(Test1[Engaged answer]);VALUES(Test1[Worker]);FILTER(ALLEXCEPT(Test1;Test1[Q#]);CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(Test1);Test1[Engaged answer]<>0)))=COUNTROWS(Test1);"Yes";"No")

Try it out and see if it has the right dynamic. If it solves your issue don't forget to give kudos and accept a solution.

Hi @Anonymous

Thank you for spending so much time on this, I really appreciate it.

Unfortunately I'm getting an error message, please see below:

All Except 3.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@birdie29

Don't worry about it. I love to help out.

Are you trying to create it as a column? Try creating it as a measure and see if it works out!

Hi @Anonymous

Yes I was trying to work it as a column but now it's a measure it works!

What I now want to do with this measure is have a calculation that shows me the percentage of workers who are 'Fully Engaged' "Yes". ie if I select #Q 1-7 what percentage of the workers answered "Yes" to all of them?

I'm sorry for all the questions but in solving my question it's made me think more about what I want to do!

Thank you once again

Chris

Anonymous
Not applicable

@birdie29 Sorry for the late answer.

Alright. This DAX formula should give you the desired result.

Percentage of engaged workers = IF(CALCULATE(COUNT(Test1[Engaged answer]);Test1[Engaged answer]=1)/CALCULATE(COUNT(Test1[Engaged answer]))=BLANK();0;CALCULATE(COUNT(Test1[Engaged answer]);Test1[Engaged answer]=1)/CALCULATE(COUNT(Test1[Engaged answer])))

Let me know if it works out for you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@birdie29

Did you get it to work?

Hi @Anonymous

Sorry for the late response, I did try it but I didn't get what I expected so I'm just working through it to understand it more first before coming back to you. Thanks for following up!

Hi @birdie29,

Have you managed to solve this issue? If yes, could you accept helpful replies as solution to close this thread?

If you still have any question on this issue, feel free to post here. Smiley Happy

Regards

sumit4732
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi @birdie29,

Please try using sum in place of min.

If it doesnt help please share a sample dataset, so we can help you better.

-Sumit

Hi @sumit4732

Thanks for your suggestion however it did not work. Please find an example dataset below:

All Except 2.PNG

Thank you

Chris

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @birdie29

I come with a solution. Please try below DAX formula:

Fully engaged =

IF(CALCULATE(SUM(Test1[Engaged answer]);FILTER(ALLEXCEPT(Test1;Test1[Worker]);CALCULATE(SUM(Test1[Engaged answer]);VALUES(Test1[Worker]))))=22;"Yes";"No")

Let me know how it goes.

Best,

Martin

EDIT: Picture below. Ignore the test table. Focus on Test1 table.

Fully engaged calc.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.