Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mmace1
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

AAS permissions for Power BI Live Connection

Say [User A] needs to see a Power BI Report, [MyCubeBasedReport] that connects via Live Connection to an AAS Cube, [MyCube]

• [User A] needs at least Viewer permissions in the Workspace containing [MyCubeBasedReport]
  • But then [User A] also needs Read permission on any tables/columns in [MyCube] that are used in [MyCubeBasedReport]'s Visuals.
    • That seems like a bummer.
    • Say I don't want [UserA] to be able to connect to TimesheetTable and get all the details, as that'd expose salaries. But I do want them to be able to view Measures that rely on those columns in TimesheetTable. In [MyCubeBasedReport] it's all rolled up, so fine. But to let them see the rolled up data, I have to give them access to the relevant columns in the TimesheetTable in the Cube - then they could just fire up Power BI, connect, and see the entire column.  The only solution being to anonomymize this hypothetical Timesheet table, by putting a restriction on the person.

Am I missing something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @mmace1 

Is it possible to implement a dynamic RLS in Azure Analysis Services?

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-tutorial-row-level-security-onprem-s... 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @mmace1 

Is it possible to implement a dynamic RLS in Azure Analysis Services?

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-tutorial-row-level-security-onprem-s... 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.