cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
lishen Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

AAD Auth failed with query

Hi, there:

     We have a web api which supports post and get with AAD auth - we have our own app id in AAD and user sign in with name: ***@smrtt.onmicrosoft.com then password.

     When we try to use power BI query, auth always fail - we tried all the auth including organizitional. basic...etc, anything which we can put in username and passwrod, it always came back with auth failed.

     We have another web api which does the same post and get, the only difference is : it accept  microsoft.com  credential. We can sign in in Power BI desktop with organizational auth using microsoft.com user name and password, things work well.

    This api is supposed to expose to other companys and they don't have microsoft.com user name and password,

     Is there anything we should set differently in header...etc to get our own app auth work? 

    Thanks,

 

 

 

   

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: AAD Auth failed with query

Hi @lishen,

 

If it's possible for you to make the API more clear. What is it? Maybe it only accepts a token rather than username and password. Please check it out.

Whether you can set something in the header depends on the API definition. What does it accept?

 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
lishen Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: AAD Auth failed with query

Hi,
    When we put WWW-Authenticate header →Bearer authorization_uri="https://login.microsoftonline.com/common", realm="https://cqd.lync.com" to the headers sent by CQD, we are able to get a credential prompt from Power BI Desktop.  However, it seems to be ignoring the realm portion  then I get this error:
invalid_resource: AADSTS50001: The application named https://<siteName>.azurewebsites.net was not found in the tenant named dab37882-39e9-4464-8d77-e03724f43315.  This can happen if the application has not been installed by the administrator of the tenant or consented to by any user in the tenant.  You might have sent your authentication request to the wrong tenant.
 
Same trouble with the following issue: