Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gpiero
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

A sudden issue with OData connector

From several days I am facing a bad behaviour of OData connection in a dozens of PBI report that works correctly for a couple of years.

pict1.PNG

I exclude any network connection issue. In fact on the same report I have a connection to Azure istance that works properly if I try to refresh only that file

tcp:MyServer.database.windows.net,1433

Moreover, reading some article on the Web, I did the test below and once again it works

let
    Source = OData.Feed("http://services.odata.org/northwind/northwind.svc/", null, [Implementation="2.0"]),
    Alphabetical_list_of_products_table = Source{[Name="Alphabetical_list_of_products",Signature="table"]}[Data]
in
    Alphabetical_list_of_products_table

Then it seems the issue arise while PBI try to establish the OData connection to SPO lists

Any ideas/suggestion will be appreciated.  It would be great I could solve the issue before Jan 7.

Just to start betterSmiley Happy

Thanks

If I can...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@gpiero,

Does this issue happens both in power bi desktop or power bi service? If the issue occurs both on desktop and service, please check if the access token of the rest api you use is expired. In addtion, if the issue only happens on power bi service, please check if you have configured the credentials properly via dataset -> data source credential.

1.PNG 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@gpiero,

Does this issue happens both in power bi desktop or power bi service? If the issue occurs both on desktop and service, please check if the access token of the rest api you use is expired. In addtion, if the issue only happens on power bi service, please check if you have configured the credentials properly via dataset -> data source credential.

1.PNG 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

@v-yuta-msft

many thanks for your kind reply. The issue is related only to desktop version.

As you suggested, I checked again data source credential. I do not know why but one of the data source wa not properly set.

It was ok till last Dec 21. In fact all the reports were updated: last refresh Dec 21.

Thanks again

If I can...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.